How to improve your profile and boost your tech career? A lot say Data Science is the deal. There are numerous courses offered online such that you can learn the concepts right from the comfort of your home. Here is a well-researched list of 20 best and free data science courses offered online by various top universities from around the globe.
1. Intro to Data Analysis
Get introduced to the world of Data Analysis! Why choose this? Learn to use the Python tools to write codes that are concise and enable fast-functioning.
- Modules: Data Analysis Process, NumPy and Pandas for 1D Data, NumPy and Pandas for 2D Data and Investigate a Dataset
2.Data Science Fundamentals
Are you an aspiring data scientist? Data Science Fundamentals might be your ultimate springboard to learn data preparation, compilation and modeling throughout data science. Touch upon basic concepts and methodologies to advanced algorithms to have a dynamic understanding.
- Suits beginner level programmers
- Courses: Data Science 101, Data Science Hands-on with Open Source Tools (Archived), Data Science Methodology and R 101.
3.FutureLearn: Data to Insight: An Introduction to Data Analysis
Here is a path for data exploration and discovery. Learn fundamental statistical concepts, interpretation of data analysis output and limitations of data. The visuals will help you learn quickly, be introduced to the crucial ideas that will widen your understanding of world through data.
- University of Auckland
- 8 weeks of study
4.Open Education by Blackboard: Applied Data Science: An Introduction
Make your life less complicated by learning the complex data sets – Big Data. If you’ve never used R before, this might be the place to mark the beginning.
- Syracuse University
- Modules: data science, Big Data, R and useful algorithm models
5.Data Science and Analytics XSeries
In this series, learn the latest data science tools and their respective applications in the field of health care, finance, sales, product development etc. This course is perfect for anyone who wishes to gain the basic knowledge on data science.
- Columbia University
- 3-course specialization
- Modules: Statistical Thinking for Data Science and Analytics, Machine Learning for Data Science and Analytics and Enabling Technologies for Data Science and Analytics: The Internet of Things.
6.A Crash Course in Data Science
You have less time to learn about data science? This crash course will teach you all the essentials of data science and Big Data within a short frame of time without compromising on any significant information.
- Johns Hopkins University
- One-week course
7.Data Mining – lecture notes
Turn raw data into useful information with data mining. These lecture notes on data mining provide the learners an opportunity learn data mining from its basics to the advanced techniques.
- Sloan School of Management
- 13 lectures
- Flexibility of pace
8.edX: DAT203x: Data Science and Machine Learning Essentials
Learn the essential skills involved in Data Science and machine learning from the technology giant Microsoft. This course is a part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science offered by edx.org.
- Modules: Data science process, Probability and statistics in data science, Data exploration and visualization, Data ingestion, cleansing, and transformation and Introduction to machine learning
9.The Data Scientist’s Toolbox
Get an overview of the main tools involved in the data scientist’s toolkit here. The course gives a detailed theoretical and practical introduction to the questions, data and tools the data analysts work around.
- Johns Hopkins University
- Modules: Installing the Toolbox, Conceptual Issues and Course Project Submission & Evaluation
10.Process Mining: Data science in Action
Process mining is the bridge between model-based process analysis and data-oriented analysis techniques. Through user-friendly software and data sets, this intermediate-level course teaches the concepts of data science that can be applied to analyze and improve procedures. The course also assumes background knowledge in sets, logic and statistics of undergraduate level.
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- 6-week course
- Modules: Introduction and Data Mining, Process Models and Process Discovery, Different Types of Process Models, Process Discovery Techniques and Conformance Checking, Enrichment of Process Models and Operational Support and Conclusion
11.Data-driven Decision Making
Learn data analytics and its role in business-related decisions. You’ll learn the importance of data and its evolution in the current society. Also get introduced to Big Data and the structure for conducting data analysis.
- Course 1 of Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach Specialization presented by coursera.org
- Modules: Introduction to Data Analytics, Technology and types of data, Data analysis techniques and tools and Data-driven decision making project
12.Introduction to Data Science in Python
This course is a part of Applied Data Science with Python Specialization. If you are someone with basic python and programming background, this is the best course for you. Here, you learn data manipulation and cleaning techniques using python toolkits.
- University of Michigan
- 4 modules
- Intermediate learners
13.Data Science and Machine Learning with Python – Hands On!
Have you got some considerable programming experience? Enroll in this course to learn the techniques utilized by actual data scientists. Don’t worry if you don’t know Python, the course commences with a detailed introduction on Python.
- 9 hours of content
14.Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp
The course is a comprehensive guide to using the Python language to analyze data, create stunning visualizations, and use powerful machine learning algorithms. The course suits anyone with some programming knowledge and developers who are seeking to shift to Data Science.
- 5 hours of content
- Lifetime access
15.Data Science A-Z™: Real-Life Data Science Exercises Included
Want an in-depth coverage of the data science process? Data Science A-Z™ is the best destination for it. Standing atop the list of highest-rated courses in the line, it gives an overview of the full process and gives real-life examples.
- Kirill Eremenko, SuperDataScience Team
- 21 hours of content
Many researchers agree that machine learning is the best way to realize human-level AI. Machine learning’s use in the world is widespread and is significant in the tech industry. Pursue this course to learn the machine learning techniques and gain immediate practical experience using it.
- Stanford University
- 11-week course
- Modules: Linear Regression with One Variable, Linear Algebra Review, Logistic Regression etc.
17.Machine Learning- lecture notes
This course offers introductory lectures on basic theory, algorithms, and applications revolving around ML. Learning ML will benefit you in medical, financial, scientific and commercial applications. Enroll in this course to balance well between theory and practice.
- 18 lectures
- Flexibility of pace
18.Applied Data Science with Python Specialization
In this course, you learn data science using Python language. This specialization is suitable for learners with considerable programming background who wish to apply techniques of machine learning, statistical, text analysis, information visualization, and social network analysis through popular python tools.
- University of Michigan
- 5-course specialization
- Courses: Introduction to Data Science in Python, Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, Applied Machine Learning in Python, Applied Text Mining in Python and Applied Social Network Analysis in Python.
19.Big Data Specialization
Take better business decisions with this specialization on Big Data. No prior programming experience is needed. Learners will be taught from scratch using Hadoop with MapReduce, Spark, Pig and Hive.
- UC San Diego
- 6-course specialization
- Courses: Introduction to Big Data, Big Data Modeling and Management Systems, Big Data Integration and Processing, Machine Learning With Big Data, Graph Analytics for Big Data and Big Data – Capstone Project
20.Statistics with R Specialization
If you are set to jump into data science but a tad lagging on statistics, this is the best place to catch up. No programming knowledge is required for this course. So, beginners benefit the most. Enroll in this course and learn to use statistical modeling, inference and visualization techniques in R to make analysis reports.
- Duke University
- 5- Course specialization
- Modules: Introduction to Probability and Data, Inferential Statistics, Linear Regression and Modeling, Bayesian Statistics and Statistics with R Capstone.
You have got a lot of potential resources at hand. What are you waiting for? Enroll in them now to get a guaranteed successful and favorable tech career. And don’t forget these with your like-minded friends!
Did we miss any? Feel free to let us know.